Until I can make it on my own

Going home from a quick day and I passed by a market to buy confections. It was owned by Asians. What struck me as funny was having to converse with them in Spanish. I was already confused enough as I was. They greeted me warmly and I should not have been perplexed, why should I?

On my way back, I found myself overwhelmed by emotions, feeling as if a double-decker bus just ran over me in a dark and empty street. Next thing I knew tears rolled down my eyes...

It was frustrating. I have not had tears in awhile, not since... I do not even want to bring it up. I arrived at the top of the hill and loitered around a bit with the nice view. It had never felt so bittersweet.

I arrived to the darkness that followed me all the way from London, and the tears dried on their own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike