Kübler-Ross

Friday night. Both backs of my knees are burning, spreading hellfire across the kneecap, skin marooned looking like medium-rare venison. The trousers are partly to blame. Mood was wistful; despised the swimming of ghosts during the hush and banging of pans during the rush. I would decline the itching of my throat with someone else's voice overlapping mine; some ectoplasmic residue coughed up and out leaving not much but a void, and this void shadows every step I take, enveloping the melancholy, some sadness, a point of contention, of unadulterated rage.

It was due to the dullness of tomorrow that I was able to muster the energy to not care being manhandled by others anymore. I took it all in, in full surrender, and made it mine; owned it. It was only by mere happenstance that I was still able to literally stand and walk, what with the burning knees and all. When the moon finally quieted, the wetness that presided over my body clogged up the pores of my skin, making itself itch every few minutes or so, especially when it is reminded by the mind as though it served as its alarm mechanism to divert the attention away from the morose inhibitions that continue to harass me all throughout the day. When all was said and done, the warm pink provided me reprieve from any and everything. I sat at a corner of an audacious landmark magicking the dragon out of thin air, swift breeze passing through with each dead body walking past, leaving me largely ignored. I waited for something... that someone... the reason for the landmark itself becoming audacious. An unlikely occurrence, to be sure, but it would have been a welcome one.

The wrinkles are slowly showing up on my hands; an indication that things are almost hitting a standstill soon. I could smile a thousand smiles at the thought of me being able to rest for a long time, and were I to be reincarnated I would want to request on becoming a minute creature, solitary, perhaps loquacious to itself, far and away from the madding crowd.

Not so very different, you and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike