Skip to main content

The long wait to becoming almighty so I can savour the decadent taste of fall

Today is my third day here in Brighton, and it is hardly what I would consider a pleasant experience. However it is not without its own sweet moments. I myself do love to partake in the glorious minutes of peace that I oh so left with my old life. Old habits simply die hard.

The plan today was to walk home back to London, and I then chickened out seven kilometres through with my tailfeather tucked neatly inside my asshole. I can still feel the nagging discomfort my anus seems hard-pressed to let go after the morning shit once I was done with my first coffee inside the McDonald's lavatory in Marina Village. It had been a few days since I had let go, and so it felt like a rubbish dump that turned into a nuclear warhead somewhere in between. My gastric space now feels as if it had been turned into an Arizonan launching site and is still reeling after a test run.

Also today it feels as though my career as a petty criminal has finally been made official. It almost feels second nature to me now, regardless of the fact that I almost got into deep trouble after forgetting the most simple rule of kleptomiming. Fortunately for me the person in charge of the small establishment was somewhat a dunce, and I was able to walk away scot-free.

However the absence of the Swiss experience yet lingers in the air. My heart feels oddly betrayed, but I do admit I did this to myself from the get-go and have no one else to blame but my own. No one asked me to come to Brighton. No one? Really? Hm.

So I still have some hours to burn before a Monday get-together comes into full view. Two or three hours of that really is not that much to ask, and then I can go on and resume what I had almost started earlier today. My phone indicates seventeen full hours of walk from this furthest point in the southern part of England to Kings Cross in the capital. Christ I hope strength and courage guide me. I have about forty hours to spare before work with Esprit also comes knocking.

It should not be that hard, should it?

And joyful news! I have tickets for two to the BBC event Museum of Curiosities at Oxford Circus in London for the second of May. I can think of only one person to take with me, but it's not a lady, and I want a date. Fuck this. Itinerary for this week is good, but I need to be more proactive. I need to survive for three weeks with only less than forty quid in tow. And with nowhere else to sleep, it feels like a bloodbath.

Wala sa hinagap na ako'y mabibigo.

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Fruit

I had recently adorned a vow of silence for myself with Miriam for no apparent reason whatsoever other than to suit my whim, and, regardless of the pettiness associated with this misdemeanour, I pray this will only strengthen us both in spirit for the coming days. The coming days are definitely not meant for one such as me.
In the next few hours, not shortly before I am done with this piece, this vow will be disavowed. Miriam is sleeping soundly in my right, broken by the exhaustion that seemed to catch her unaware. This was not what she had prepared for when coming to London. This was not what I meant for her when I asked her to come. In order to alleviate the guilt of me making it more difficult for us both, I do what it is that I do best, and that is to love her hungrily and wildly. And some little bit of swag on the side to cure her state of frustration albeit temporarily.
My days are long and yet wields very little. For now I do and take whatever I can, whenever I can. A grand f…

True Blue

Bits and pieces of things long lost have started appearing out of nowhere all of a sudden. Memories of people, places, and thoughts associated with my belongings knock at the door waiting to be let in, never to be left on its own accord. I am to be the master puppeteer of this cerebral construct, of nightmares I wish were forgotten, of people I wish to rid all manner of associations with.
Mother had surprised Miriam with a message for me. Of a very far-fetched idea on how to maximise my potential to become something which I totally am not. A preacher for a religion I have absolutely no faith of of all things. Perhaps as a way to once again fuck up and atone for the totality of my insufferable existence. Fortunately for me I now have total control of my destiny. Something of which has never brought me much satisfaction, in fairness, true, but still the freedom to be a clueless and monumental buffoon is much more satisfying than to be a scholar trapped in the confines of virility, prej…

Snippet: In her darkest days, Elaine (worldbuilding), unfinished

Voices of strange busybodies could be heard on the other side of the edifice. Elaine reckoned she recognised one of them. An old friend. Perhaps not necessarily a friend, or not technically a friend. A friend is a rare commodity for her these days. She could walk right past them and not blink an eye, but Elaine waited for a little bit more until the lot toned down. Having a group of opposites around her, poking her skin through their eyes, meticulously making sure she was an enabler who to them an abundant source of entertainment, was all the reason needed to convince herself to back away from the complexity of it all. Home is an awful lot more awful than this place though, Elaine thought, as she gripped her handbag tightly, hoping the ray of darkness from the moon would envelope her and shield her from the attention of the lonesome trail.
"This would not have happened had you only listened to me, Elaine," complained Darco. "Half the people out there would skin us both…