Busan-saram

After the incident last night with Mioseon and her father and all, I woke up feeling wheezy and tired and I just had to let it all pass for some time. A wee bit of time off. Sabrina and Oliver and me planned to go to church. Spoiler: We didn't go. Oliver did. Sabrina and I found ourselves stranded in Nampo-dong, finally. After a long, long time.

It was nice to show her around Nampo-dong, Rina and I. Felt a bit local-ish for a few minutes. A true Nampo-saram, felt like. Of course I just had to show her BIFF Square. The busy, bustling street food scene and the market vibes of Busan during Sunday overwhelmed us both. We did quite a lot. We started with coffee and a cupcake in dear, old Red Velvet. Nice to see familiar faces roaming about. Kinder ones now, unlike the passively hostile ones in Sinpyeong. 

We walked quite a lot going from here to there. I kept on searching for the banana-que that was supposed to be near Bupyeong but I could not, for the life of me, find it. We saw waeguks like us practically everywhere, and they all looked like backpacking hermits to me. One was on her phone crying as if some guy just left her on the spot to rot in the deepest corner of depression after arguably a mild breakup. I would know, mine was a mild pain in Mioseon's eyes. In my eyes, she's Cruella de Vil. And I'd make spots with her hide should destiny permit me. 

But I love her still. It pains me to no end. The wavelength of the mood I'm in gallops from good to bad, better to worse. The conclusion is nearing its end, I should reckon. Right before I depart, a legacy will be fulfilled, and a grudge paid in weight.

After me and Sabrina failed to find the unusual banana, we went for a long stroll around, looking for white people bread and took a slice of white people waffle made by a Korean street person. Technically speaking, it no longer was white people waffle but something else entirely different. I was just glad to see Sabrina smile over a piece of crappy bread. Then we ate some shit at a pojangmacha outside CGV near Jagalchi. The stale soup they had, while still stale, was orgasmic with its warmth and aftereffect. I was in love. Five tiny cups of it just wouldn't do. Not even tteokbokki nor the kimbap matched the hype that this stale free soup brought to my soul made my day any better. It was a good treat indeed.

We made our way back towards the big Christmas tree in the middle of Nampo-dong, where people gathered for something, a show perhaps. Free tea around the corner made me giggle reminded the tender soup I had earlier. But Sabrina's discontent with its taste left a bad impression on me. Never touched it since then. Left it on the floor and ignored while we watched a very long and torturous Taekwondo show on stage by kids and adults with missing chromosomes alike. Boring and cliche. Why hello. Yes? I'm in Korea, we should watch a Taekwondo show. Wow, sounds great, but how about no?

Probably an hour or more passed and I was glad that the show ended when it did. Nothing much to see afterwards. Pizza awakened our desire. The search for good bread earlier didn't do much to quell our appetite. Made our way to a pizza place. Had spicy chicken pizza. A fucking tiny one at that. Went to the bank for a reload. Then finally brought our asses back to Central Busan.

Or more commonly known as Seomyeon. Rinatown as I like to call it. 

I'm about to sleep somewhere and I can't sleep. Why? Because I fucking stink like shit and I don't have monies. Fucking hell.



Things relevant to the discussion:

  • Finally got new glasses.
  • Got a new planner. A second one. More portable this time.
  • No new trousers.
  • I stink like my ass and your ass stinks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man bites dog

Seed is strong

Preparar