O ye of little faith

Every muscle in my body is on lockdown, tight leash, morning glory, permanent aches. But I must roll my reserves. Months and years ago I would question my decision now to persevere. I simply do not have the will to go on like this. But here I am and here I must, for absolutely nothing at all.

Superstar was what she called me, and funnily enough my neuro-otological impulse was to horripilate. I never respond well to compliments. Welcome as it is, I think it is superfluous, gives room to complacency and misplaced ego. Olly told me the same thing last Saturday. I must needs stand up now for it is time for me to show a well-rounded confidence befitting my station, although to be fair nothing at the moment still feels much deserved. Everything is a hand-me-down for now. When I do get to that point -- or if -- then murder is the quickdial I will first peruse. One day I shall see the wood for the trees.

And I also had a similar interaction with Ainhoa about it. Not much can be said but more ado about not much to be said. A nosedive into my thought processes now will only serve to exacerbate that which I strive to avoid, for the betterment of what little remains of my spirit, and for the sake of all that is good.

I started the day like a shit sandwich and I was congratulated for it, but in the end, as I walk the lonely road home from work, that selfsame sandwich turned stale and all was left for me to consume it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike