Razbliuto, Aileen

"Hold on," she said, taking my hand;

"Smile your biggest smile."

I would, however, tonight, of many

others, is not mine to give.


Told her every single thing, and she,

in turn, gave me all that she could.

The view, from my perspective,

was breath-taking, as she

occupies the space in between

my eyes.


But as the sun, in all its glory,

undulated to the other side,

we both find ourselves,

hopelessly, swept away.

I took the right way, she left,

and still felt wrong.


The days, burdened by grief,

now turn to and against me,

unknowingly, so I may understand,

in my own way, what solace

truly is, albeit the requiem

for those weary and lost.


In the long years, numerically

undeterred, that followed, one day, I had

heard that she has, somehow,

settled down,

somewhere, with someone,

and something inside me

cracked wide open, inconsolable.

Sometimes, I think about her,

and go about my life,

asking, with no answer to tow,

what it is that makes me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike