Thoughts of Ani: The song of yesteryear

I had a deep surprise same day last year.

Not much was happening then, only that work was eating me alive, giving me that mental beatdown that comes with the territory. It was frustrating, having to experience days of not-much-at-all. But she played a song for me. She who was always there back then. She who was most important to me.

She misled me all day, giving hints here and there, of clues leading to her devious plan. I tucked my frustrations aside and she sang the song in one go. The best I have ever had. Not the voice, not the lyricism, but the intention, the relevance, the importance, the timing. It has surreal and sublime.

And now I no longer remember a single word for it except "struggler".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike