Caught up in our little world

Like a song I could not figure out 

Sometimes the worst thing is not knowing 

How best to approach your moments 

And feel the inside out of what is out and about 

So we may yet explore what I hope to discover 

And maybe perhaps recover 

The intimate melody of your sweetest smile 

 

Nothing is quite the same now 

I just say your name now 

 

But I always thought it was always your strength 

To keep at bay your emotive core 

And it was never your fault on how we came to be 

I fell limply in love with all my force even before 

Which I hoped to explore and yet recover 

And maybe perhaps discover 

What it is exactly this journey was for 

 

Even though the pendulum always has 

The tendency to swing wherever it wants to lean 

I don’t look at it as a flaw we need to extinguish 

The pendulum swings perpetually 

And here you still are 

Messing the wrongs you used to hear me swing 

And here I still am 

Missing the songs I used to hear you sing 

And maybe perhaps someday again 

When all is right again 

At your best, you are love 

 

You know, the best thing about 

Being constantly confused is 

Knowing that were I to keep 

This hope alive and succeed 

Then you and I know it will be worth it 

As best as how I hope to approach it 

With all my heart and soul 

Because as far I can see 

You were never meant to be 

A memory 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed is strong

Man bites dog

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike