Razbliuto, Aileen

"Hold on," she said, taking my hand;

"Smile your biggest smile."

I would, however, tonight, of many

others, is not mine to give.


Told her every single thing, and she,

in turn, gave me all that she could.

The view, from my perspective,

was breath-taking, as she

occupies the space in between

my eyes.


But as the sun, in all its glory,

undulated to the other side,

we both find ourselves,

hopelessly, swept away.

I took the right way, she left,

and still felt wrong.


The days, burdened by grief,

now turn to and against me,

unknowingly, so I may understand,

in my own way, what solace

truly is, albeit the requiem

for those weary and lost.


In the long years, numerically

undeterred, that followed, one day, I had

heard that she has, somehow,

settled down,

somewhere, with someone,

and something inside me

cracked wide open, inconsolable.

Sometimes, I think about her,

and go about my life,

asking, with no answer to tow,

what it is that makes me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Zakhar pt. 2

Moonlight shines upon the guilty and innocent alike

12"